Watch the full video of How to Permanently Remove Chromium on Windows 7, 8 and 10
How to Get Rid of Chromium – Chromium is actually not a virus or malware. It is an open source browser developed by The Project Chromium. But because it is open source, this browser is quite vulnerable to malware or other viruses that can damage the computer’s system if this happens.
Many people think that Chromium is a fake Google Chrome browser that contains a virus. When the computer is turned on, this browser will open automatically. If you are bothered by the presence of Chromium, you should just remove it.
What is Chromium
For those of you who don’t know, Chromium is a cross-platform open source web browser developed by The Project Chromium.
Its cross-platform nature makes this one browser installable on Windows, Mac, iOS to Android.
Chromium which is open source also benefits programmers who want to be creative in making their own version of the browser.
This is what sometimes makes Chromium infiltrated by viruses and malware so that it is very dangerous for computers if not removed.
So we can conclude, Chromium that suddenly opens itself when you are browsing is not real Chromium.
Chromium has been developed by unofficial developers so it is intentionally/accidentally infected with viruses and malware.
Dangers of Chromium
A Chromium browser that is infected with a virus will be very dangerous for the computer, so its removal is highly recommended.
Here are the risks of letting the Chromium virus remain on your computer/laptop:
- Identity theft
- Dangerous ads
- Redirecting user searches to malicious websites
- Consumes high CPU usage so the device gets hot easily
- Change the web browser home page
- Can install suspicious toolbars without user permission
How to Remove Chromium
1. Windows 7, 8 and 10
How to remove Chromium in Windows 7, 8 and 10 is as follows:
- The first is to uninstall Chromium, how to click “Start Menu” then select “Control Panel“
- In the next menu select “Programs and Featuresthen the software method with the name Chromium
- Once found, right-click the mouse on the Chromium software then click “Uninstall“
But if Chromium is still not deleted, then deleting the Chromium folder is the next solution. The Chromium folder is usually a hidden file so it must be configured first. Here you can see the steps:
- First open Windows Explorer by pressing the “Windows+E” on the keyboard
- After that click “Organize” then select “Folder and search options“
- Then open the menu “View” then click “Show hidden files, folders and drives” then click “Apply” and “OK”
- If so, now look for the Chromium folder in “Local Disc (C)” and click menu “Users“
- Then select the folder “Apps Data“then select menu”Local“
- Now find a folder named “Chromium” then delete the folder forever with “CTRL + A” followed by “ALT + Share“
2. Remove Chromium from Google Chrome
- First open Google Chrome then click “Arrangement” then “Tool” and “Extension“
- Then click on plugin/add-on Chromium then select “Trash icon” to remove the extension entry
- If the browser start page has been changed by Chromium, go to “Arrangement“
- Then on the menu “On startup“choose an option”Open a specific page or set of page” then click “Set page”
- Then remove the suspicious website address by clicking on the button “X”
- Then enter the website address you want as the front page of the browser, for example Google
- If so, reopen the menu “Suit“, then select “Manage Search Engines“on the menu”Search“
- Next, delete the search for suspicious websites
- If so, now reset Google Chrome by opening the menu “Settings” then select “Reset Browser Settings“
- Finally, click “Reset” to confirm restart settings
3. Remove Chromium Using Regedit
If you have followed How to Remove Chromium and it still hasn’t been deleted, then you can try using Regedit.
You can do this method on all Windows OS, starting from Windows 7, 8 and 10. Here are the steps:
- First open”Start Menu” then type in the search field the word “regedit“then press”Enter“
- Once open, you can select the option “HKEY Current User” then select “Software“
- Now scroll down find the folder “Chromium“
- Once found, right click on the folder and select the option “happy“.
- If so, restart the computer and do “Disc Clean Up“
4. Hapus Chromium for Mac OS
If you are using a Mac OS computer, then how to remove Chromium is as follows:
- First click the button “Go” which is located in the upper right corner then select the menu “Applications“
- Wait a few moments until all folders are displayed then look for the folder named “Chromium“
- Then right click on the folder and select the option “Move to Trash“.
So, so that you don’t become the next victim, you need to be careful about downloading, especially software from obscure websites.
Especially from websites that don’t use SSL certificates for security. SSL allows sending data from server to client safely so as to avoid malware and the like.